6th Grade Assignment #1: Your First Scratch Project
Your objective is to familiarize yourself with the Scratch environment and tools, create a simple project that tells a joke, and share it to the class studio.
How to Complete the Assignment
1. Create your Scratch account. We will do this together in class.
2. On the Scratch website, click the Create button to start creating your first project
3. Open the tip bar by clicking the blue question mark on the right side of the page while using Scratch. Under “Step by Step” select “Getting Started with Scratch”.
4. Go through all of the steps to create your first project. See the requirements below for the minimum expectations.
5. Share your project to the class studio.
Your project must have at least one sprite, a stage background, and at least one sound effect.
Your project must start when the green flag is clicked.
The sprite must move.
The assignment is not complete until it is submitted (shared) to the class studio.
You must fill out the form to tell me your Scratch username:
This is a simple assignment just to get us started. To exceed expectations, get it done quickly and help any of your peers who are stuck.
You can also exceed expectations by adding another character (sprite) to your project and making it a comedy routine between the two where they trade off on lines and have a funny dialog featuring more than one joke.
Add some appropriate sound effects